After taking on the task of running a local 40k tournament I realized last week that I didn't have a painted 40k army to use as a bye buster. So last Wednesday I picked up a handful of half painted space marines (I think they were started around 2.5years ago), and raided what I could from a variety of other projects started over the last few years and have managed to get a 1000pt Dark Angel Army painted albeit to a basic tabletop quality.
Chaplain I painted last month as the HQ. My list is as follows:
HQ Chaplain with jump pack 120
Troop1: 5 man tactical squad, meltagun, razorback TWHB 150
Troop2: 5 man tactical squad, meltagun, razorback TWHB 150
Troop3: 5 man tactical squad, flamer, razorback TWLC 175
Fast1: 10 man assault squad, no upgrades 235
Heavy1: 5 man devastator squad, 4 missile launchers 170
I don't know how well it will go if I need to play, I haven't played much since the last 40k event I ran almost two and a half years ago. I'm a little rusty and I really don't know the current meta.
For anyone who is interested the players pack is up on scribd
I have also managed to put some paint on a dreadnought through the week. I'm thinking I should have sprayed the green first then masked the armor plates, before doing the silver and wash rather than the other way round. I ended up deciding to base coat the green by hand. I just wasn't confident using the airbrush without being able to easily mask the surrounding areas, but I'm toying with the idea of trying to highlight with the airbrush.
Until next time .........