Saturday 11 February 2012

Off the Bench

I haven't had a great deal of time to spend at the paint table this week and the heat of a Queensland summer (still 30ºC at 10pm on a couple nights) has really sapped my enthusiasm in those times I had the chance. Even with the inconvenience of the heat I have managed to get a solid start on the Ogre and chariot body for my Ironblaster.

I have managed a little extra gaming this week as well, catching up with a friend who works shocking hours and is unable to join us at the local club. I managed to get the Ogres out for their first run at Blood Bowl since I've had them painted, and promptly lost. It seems that Ogres have some ball handling issues and I didn't see the worth of Snotlings until  it was too late, I think a rematch is in order here.

I also had my first real game of Lord of the Rings through the week and found it to be a much better game than I anticipated, with heroic actions, banner placement and the order fights are chosen being a far more tactical fair than I thought they would be. While I lost this game too (I'm seeing a trend here) I did learn a lot, and to be fair my opponent did have Legolas, Haldir and more than half his elves had bows. The fact that I deployed my Uruk-hi with Crossbows where they had no one to shoot at, and walked straight down the throat of elven shooting had nothing to do with it at all. The fact that I managed to roll snake eyes four times in a series of five fights in a single turn may have contributed to this as well.

Now I'm off to spend some money on yet another miniature game.

And just to help my ego a bit I managed to get a game of 40k against my long tome rival Trev from Triple Helix last weekend, and shock horror I managed a win in this one. And I don't care what he says, lining up my transports as a shield between his heavy weapons and the only scoring unit left on the table is a completely viable tactic. Especially when they're sitting on an objective.

Until next time .......

Mark


2012 Totals

Miniatures Purchased: 20

Miniatures Gift/Trade: 198

Miniatures Painted: 41

Wood Elf Points: 420

Dark Angels Points: 1245

Circle Points:18

1 comment:

  1. A viable tactic indeed! If only I was able to roll higher on the vehicle damage chart to turn it into a crater and not a wreck lol :)

    ReplyDelete