Wednesday 14 March 2012

LOTR SBG - Travis Smith

For those of you who know the above abbreviation, well done. The LotR is obvious but SBG? well its Strategy Battle Game. Its what the non-War of the Ring game is called the skirmish base one. The one with the good rules.


So I've really fallen head first into this new LotR stuff, i got the new sourcebooks and I've been furiously planning armies and scouring eBay for good deals. I have my sights set high i want huge armies focused on Pelennor Fields. Im looking at about 4500 points good and 4500 points evil. Although with the new rules Good vs Evil is not the only way to play the game. But this will give me a few 1500 point armies to pick from.

So I started with Rohan last week, made a warband with Merry and 12 Archers which turned out to be illegal so i had to make a new Hero to lead my Archers. I decided on a simple Rohan Captain on a Horse. He doesnt need to hang around the Outriders and as long as i deploy carefully can get him near Gamling quick enough.
It was going to be Hama but Hama is really crappy, So i'm just using the old Hama model as the Captain and converted a mounted version of him. (by cutting of an old Gamlings head).

I dont even have a name badge how an i going to survive?
My Rohan "Army"

And to follow the Blog along i have painted 2 more members of my Fellowship

"I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise"

"At least once more, Miss Swann, as always."
Last week i posted a picture of my Coat-of-Arms. I have converted and started with a model to bear such an honoured crest. Here are some shots of the Crest and the WIP of my Horse.




I call her Epona :)
Okay thats all for now, bye bye....
 

2 comments: