Wednesday 14 March 2012

Mark: Its an Elemental my dear Watson

Earth Elemental
Yet another week with not a lot of time spent painting, but I did manage to get this guy from Rakham's Confrontation line ready for my Pathfinder RPG Campaign. I was hoping to show some WIP shots of my Baneblade that I'm painting up for ANZ Wargaming's March challenge but I ran out of paint while base coating the behemoth, (miniature just doesn't seem to be the right word for it) and I probably won't be anywhere near my LGS during business hours any time soon to pick any up.

In the spirit of trying to avoid burnout this year I decided to mix things up a little and have a game of 40k instead of Mordheim. It was a thoroughly enjoyable 1750pt game, I ran my trusty Dark Angels against a Khárn/Lash mechanized list. We rolled up spearhead and kill points and in the end finished up with a 9kp to 5 result, which as cliche as it sounds was not indicative of how closely fought the game was. 3 of his 9 kp's came in the last turn (yes I lost again) and of the 16 or so penetrating hits I managed to score against his armoured units I only manged 6 results other than crew stunned, 4 weapon destroyed all on different vehicles, 1 immobilized and 1 destroyed. Despite the fact that I couldn't destroy anything, it did mean that his lead tanks spent most of the game stunned, and caused a hellish traffic jam in his deployment zone. Because of this he couldn't get any of his vehicles out of his deployment zone until turn 4 or 5 and was unable to make the most of his 2 vindicators and lash which would have made things a very one sided affair.

Over the next couple of weeks I should get a solid start painting my Marienburg warband for Mordheim,  a couple of things done to push the Dark Angles a bit closer to the goal of 1750 points painted and with a bit of luck I may be able to get the Baneblade done by the end of the month for the ANZ challenge. I've also decided that it's time to start using greenstuff for more than just gap filling, and I'm looking to start putting together some miniatures that are truly unique rather than just basic kit bashes to add some flavour to my army's.

Until next time .......

Mark

2012 Totals

Miniatures Purchased: 20

Miniatures Gift/Trade: 213

Miniatures Painted: 49

Wood Elf Points: 420

Dark Angels Points: 1245

Circle Points:18

1 comment:

  1. Lol The Red Skull on a rampage, looks good but thats what i thought it was when i saw it from the post

    ReplyDelete